RICHMOND—Governor Ralph Northam today issued a statewide Stay at Home order to protect the health and safety of Virginians and mitigate the spread of the novel coronavirus, or COVID-19. The executive order takes effect immediately and will remain in place until June 10, 2020, unless amended or rescinded by a further executive order.
The order directs all Virginians to stay home except in extremely limited circumstances. Individuals may leave their residence for allowable travel, including to seek medical attention, work, care for family or household members, obtain goods and services like groceries, prescriptions, and others as outlined in Executive Order Fifty-Three, and engage in outdoor activity with strict social distancing requirements.
The executive order also directs all Virginia institutions of higher education to stop in-person classes and instruction. Private campgrounds must close for short-term stays, and beaches will be closed statewide except for fishing and exercise.
“We are in a public health crisis, and we need everyone to take this seriously and act responsibly,” said Governor Northam. “Our message to Virginians is clear: stay home. We know this virus spreads primarily through human-to-human contact, and that’s why it’s so important that people follow this order and practice social distancing. I’m deeply grateful to everyone for their cooperation during this unprecedented and difficult time.”
- Virginia’s Phase 2 set to begin Friday
- SVCC’s Nursing Program Recognized
- A message from Brunswick County Public Schools
- SHVFD assisting in Warrenton restaurant fire
- Drive thru COVID-19 testing coming to South Hill
- Shannon Lambert Named Executive Director of the South Hill Chamber of Commerce
- Pennsylvania man wins $5 million on lottery scratcher in Clarksville
- South Hill man sentenced to 30 years in attempted rape case
- Free COVID-19 testing being offered in Danville
- High school senior killed in four-wheeler crash
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.