At 4:01 a.m. Thursday (Dec. 26), Virginia State Trooper M.S. Ezell responded to a single-vehicle crash in the 1300 block of Pleasant Oak Road in Lunenburg County.
A 2004 Nissan Maxima was traveling west when it ran off the right side of the road. The Nissan came back across the road and slid off the left side and into the trees.
The driver, a 25-year-old male, was transported to UVA Medical Center for treatment of life-threatening injuries. He was not wearing a seatbelt.
A passenger, Layvon Andrews, 23, of Kenbridge, died at the scene. She was not wearing a seatbelt.
A second passenger, a 23-year-old female, was transported to VCU Medical Center for treatment of life-threatening injuries. She was not wearing a seatbelt and was ejected from the vehicle.
The crash remains under investigation. Charges are pending.
- Virginia’s Phase 2 set to begin Friday
- SHVFD assisting in Warrenton restaurant fire
- SVCC’s Nursing Program Recognized
- A message from Brunswick County Public Schools
- South Hill man sentenced to 30 years in attempted rape case
- Pennsylvania man wins $5 million on lottery scratcher in Clarksville
- High school senior killed in four-wheeler crash
- Accident on HWY 58 Business West
- Free COVID-19 testing being offered in Danville
- Shannon Lambert Named Executive Director of the South Hill Chamber of Commerce
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.